Are you in Fort Myers or planning a visit or your relocation to the city? If yes, you likely have many thoughts and concerns, such as the cost of living and how to have fun. But in this case, we will discuss some exciting things to do in Fort Myers for young adults.
If you are between 18 and 26 years old, consider having fun always, as it is essential to stay healthy and joyful. It also helps you relax and relieve stress, making you more productive in the long run.
About Fort Myers
Fort Myers, also known as Ft. Myers, is a US city in Florida. It is also the county seat of Lee County, located in southwestern Florida. The city has a total area of 127 square kilometers, comprising a land area of 103.19 square kilometers and a water area of 23.81 square kilometers. That means over 80% of Ft Myers is land and is easily accessible.
Ft. Myers has over 90,000 residents of different races and cultures. These include whites, black/African Americans, Asians, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, Latinos, and some other races. So, you have nothing to worry about discrimination due to racial differences or skin color.
Facts about Fort Myers
As you are looking for fun things to do in Fort Myers for young adults, you should know some interesting facts about the city.
- Ft Myers is a major tourist destination in Florida.
- The city is the 370th-most-populous in the United States.
- Ft Myers boasts of a low cost of living and is undoubtedly one of the top cheap places to live in Florida.
- The average monthly rent in Ft Myers is as low as $900.
- Fort Myers was named after Colonel Abraham Myers in the mid-1800s. Col. Myers served in the Second Seminole War, lasting about seven years from 1835 to 1842.
- The city is also known as the “City of Palms.”
- The majority of Fort Myers’ population are White Americans and African Americans.
Cities near Fort Myers, Florida
Fort Myers is close to some major cities in Florida that are within a drivable distance of about two hours.
Below is a list of these cities and their distance (in kilometer) to Fort Myers:
- 147 km to Saint Petersburg, FL
- 156 km to Tampa, FL
- 180 km to Hialeah, FL
- 193 km to Miami, FL
- 217 km to Orlando, FL
Don’t Miss: 10 Fun Things To Do in Naples for Young Adults.
8 Fun Things To Do in Fort Myers for Young Adults
Fort Myers is a vibrant city in Florida and a nice place to be as a young adult. Below are the top eight (8) exciting things to do in Fort Myers for young adults:
1. Take a walk at the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- Address: 7751 Penzance Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 533-7550
The Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve is a 3500-acre wetland perfect for both male and female young adults. It features a beautiful trail, wildlife, an amphitheater, and an interpretation center. The Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve has various picturesque spots and a boardwalk trail of about 1.2 miles.
Besides, you don’t have to schedule an appointment to visit the Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve. During your visit, you will see various wading birds, songbirds, snakes, and flora.
Remember to wear comfortable footwear, as well as bring your camera and binoculars during your visit.
2. Chill out at the JetBlue Park
- Address: 11500 Fenway South Drive, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 226-4700
The JetBlue Park is a baseball stadium rated 4.7/5 on Google. That means that your intended visit will be worth it. JetBlue Park is a well-known tourist attraction in Fort Myers, Florida. You must buy a ticket online or at the stadium before entering the park.
3. Tour the Edison & Ford Winter Estates
- Address: 2350 McGregor Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 334-7419
The Edison & Ford Winter Estates is a Fort Myers-based tourist attraction with a historical museum and a 21-acre botanical garden. It is a great place to visit in Fort Myers, FL, especially if you love Ford automobiles.
You can choose to go for a private or guided tour, depending on your preference. A visit to the Edison & Ford Winter Estates is very enlightening, and you will have the opportunity to learn about some of Edison’s inventions.
4. Hike and kayak at the Manatee Park
- Address: 10901 Palm Beach Blvd, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 690-5030
As you’re looking for some enjoyable things to do in Fort Myers for young adults, have you considered visiting Manatee Park? If not, we will tell you more about this waterfront park and give you several reasons to explore it.
Manatee Park is a great place not only for kayaking but also for hiking on the trails and having the experience of seeing manatees from a close distance. You will also have access to an amphitheater.
5. Watch various performances at the Florida Repertory Theatre
- Address: 2268 Bay St, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 332-4488
Visiting Florida Repertory Theatre will give you one of the best experiences you can ever get in Fort Myers. It is a performing arts theater where you can experience live shows, plays, musicals, and other performances.
You will enjoy watching these shows as a young adult, and the production quality is 10/10.
6. See an animal show at the IMAG History & Science Center
- Address: 2000 Cranford Ave, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 243-0043
If you are passionate about animals, we recommend seeing an animal show at the IMAG History & Science Center. It is one of the unusual things to do in Fort Myers for young adults.
Moreover, the IMAG History & Science Center offers even more than animal shows, being a hands-on science and aquarium museum. Entry fees for young adults range from $16 to $20.
7. Take photos and cycle at Lakes Park
- Address: 7330 Gladiolus Dr., Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 533-7575
Lakes Park is one of the most popular places for kids to have fun in Fort Myers, Florida. However, many people do not know that the park also offers several amusing things to do in Fort Myers for young adults.
These include renting a bicycle to ride around the park, whose area is quite huge. You can also go to see the beautiful lake, which has a variety of fish in it.
8. Kayak and explore the museum at Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium
- Address: 3450 Ortiz Ave, Fort Myers, Florida, United States
- Telephone: +1 (239) 275-3435
Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium offers various fun things to do in Fort Myers for young adults. It is a very cool place to visit, featuring a natural history museum with plants and animal exhibits.
The Planetarium is one of the few places in the United States where you can see and touch a rock from Mars. You will find both live native and teaching animals at the museum and are free to ask questions.
Also Read: Best Bachelor Party Destinations in Florida.
As you’ve seen, there are many exciting things to do in Fort Myers for young adults, satisfying youths of various interests. Whether you love going out during the day or prefer nightlife, you will find Ft Myers amazing. The most exciting thing is that you don’t need so much money to enjoy yourself in this beautiful city in Florida.
So, you can start planning your adventure and tours around Fort Myers and be sure to get a memorable experience.