Sarussi Cafe Subs is one of the top destinations to enjoy breakfast and mouthwatering sandwiches in Miami. It is a renowned spot that has been featured on the popular Man vs. Food TV program, and the cafe takes pride in its reputation for being a spot that serves original Cuban sandwiches, delighting both locals and visitors alike with unforgettable flavors and a warm, inviting atmosphere.
Brief History of Sarussi Cafe Subs
Sarussi Cafe Subs is a renowned restaurant with a history spanning over 50 years. Originally founded by Edmond Sarussi, the restaurant has seen changes in ownership without altering its name and cherished recipes. Sarussi Cafe Subs initially started as an Italian restaurant, serving delectable pizza and pasta. However, with thousands of Cuban immigrants to Miami following Fidel Castro’s rise to power, Edmond Sarussi transformed it into a sandwich haven.
Sarussi crafted a unique and secret sauce for his sandwiches, a recipe that has been safeguarded and passed down through generations. Today, the proud owner of Sarussi Cafe Subs is Victor Miranda, who has skillfully guided the restaurant’s success for several years.
Under Victor Miranda’s stewardship, Sarussi Cafe Subs continues to honor the legacy of its founder while delighting patrons with their iconic sandwiches. The restaurant remains a beloved institution in Miami’s culinary scene, celebrating decades of bringing exceptional flavors to enthusiastic customers.
Sarussi Cafe Subs Menu
The menu at the restaurant is widely celebrated for its mouthwatering subs, which are crafted with precision to deliver delicious flavors and generously satisfying portions. From traditional favorites to signature specialties, there is something to satisfy every craving. Some of the more popular subs on the menu include;
- Sarussi Original Sandwich; Tender slices of smoky ham and roasted pork leg topped with ooey-gooey mozzarella cheese, signature sauce, and pickles, all nestled in a freshly baked sub roll.
- Fritanga Sandwich; Grilled skirt steak, sweet fried plantains, crispy fried cheese, and a generous drizzle of homemade cilantro sauce and crema all inside Sarussi’s homemade bread.
- Churrasco and Chorizo Sandwich; Churrasco Steak topped with melted mozzarella cheese, fresh onions, juicy tomatoes, crispy potato sticks, and signature sauce.
- Croqueta Preparada Sandwich; Four crispy ham croquettes, layered with sliced smoked ham, melted mozzarella cheese, creamy mayo, and crispy potato sticks, all nestled in homemade garlic bread.
- Sarussi Bistec; Palomilla steak, melted mozzarella cheese, fresh grilled onions, juicy tomatoes, crispy potato sticks, and signature sauce, all served on homemade bread that is lightly coated with garlic butter for extra flavor.
Other items on the menu include;
- Appetizers: Queso Frito, Empanadas, Chicken Taquitos, Yuca Fries, Tequenos, Mariquitas, Ham croquettes, and Chicken wings.
- Entrees: Fritanga Churrasco Bowl, Fritanga Chicken Bowl, Fritanga Pulled Pork Bowl, Fritanga Churrasco Wrap, Fritanga Chicken Wrap, Churrasco Platter, Grilled Chicken Breast Platter, and Fritanga Chicken Tender Bowl.
- Desserts; Flan and Tres Leches
- Beverages; Milkshakes, Lemonades, Juice, Cacao, Soda, Mexican Coke, and Coffee.
- Salad, Wraps, and Sauces.
The restaurant offers a range of delicious options at prices that won’t break the bank. If you’re looking for a quick bite or a starter, appetizers start at around $5. And if you’re planning to have a full meal, both the sandwiches and entrees are priced between $10 and $20, providing excellent value for a satisfying meal. It should also be of note that desserts and beverages prices range from $2 to $5.
Sarussi Cafe Subs offers convenient takeout services, allowing customers to enjoy their favorite sandwiches on the go. The restaurant also provides online delivery through various platforms like Bento, Uber Eats, and GrubHub ensuring that customers can have their delicious meals delivered right to their doorstep.
Opening hours at Sarussi Cafe Subs are from 10:00 AM to 9:00 PM on Mondays to Saturdays.
Sarussi Cafe Subs Reviews
The restaurant has gained an impressive reputation for its mouthwatering sandwiches and memorable dining experiences. Here’s what two satisfied customers have to say:
“Great place to get a sub in Miami! Perfect place for a family too. The fries were crispy and cooked to perfection. All juices are made fresh and were amazing. Best lemonade I have ever had! Their sarussi subs did not disappoint. I would highly recommend going there if you have children and would like a light meal. I would love to try everything on the menu. Food came out quick and hot and service was very good and polite” -@tslush91
“Tumbled upon this shop while looking for Wal-Mart. We had Cuban sandwiches; here instead of mustard, they use a special sauce. The sauce is good and so is the sandwich. Watching the fresh sandwiches come out from the back was oddly satisfying. The sandwich was good however, the sauce was more of a topping and I could have used the wetness of the mustard. The frozen lemonade was good & the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly” -@RaveyBaby
Sarussi Cafe Subs is an absolute gem when it comes to authentic Cuban sandwiches in Miami. With its stellar reputation, warm atmosphere, and menu that delights taste buds with every bite, this restaurant has rightfully carved its place as a culinary institution in the area. So, whether you’re a local or a visitor, don’t miss out on the opportunity to savor the iconic flavors that Sarussi Cafe Subs has to offer.