Yes, you can rent beach chairs in Miami Beach. Many rental options are available on the beach, including lounge chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas. Prices vary depending on the location, time of day, and season, but you can expect to pay around $10-20 per chair daily.
Miami Beach is known for its beautiful beaches, warm weather, vibrant nightlife, and Art Deco architecture. Renting beach chairs in Miami Beach can be a convenient way to enjoy the sun and surf without lugging your chairs around. However, there are also some things to consider if you’re to have a perfect beach day in Miami.
It doesn’t end in knowing that you can rent beach chairs in Miami Beach; you also want to know where to find the best beach chair rental deals, other must-have beach essentials, and insider tips to maximize your time in the sun. In the rest of this article, I’ll walk you through everything you need to know for a perfect day at the beach in Miami.
Where can you rent beach chairs in Miami Beach
You can rent beach chairs everywhere across Miami Beach – wherever you can spot Boucher Brothers stores. In these kiosks, you can find umbrellas and chairs; the cost begins at $10 a day.
For instance, on Santa Monica’s beaches, you can rent beach chairs and other beach equipment around Annenberg Beach Club, Bay Street, and even Back on the Beach areas.
Boucher Brothers and a few other rental stores have liaised with Pompano Beach, Collins Park, Indian Beach Park, Coty of Fort Lauderdale, and more destinations in Miami Beach to ensure you get what you need.
So, whether it is umbrellas, beach chairs, cabanas, tents, volleyball nets, water sports, and even beach bed rentals, it won’t be hard to find a renting spot once you’re in Miami Beach.
And when you can locate any, don’t be shy to ask people around.
If, over time, you see the need to buy your beach umbrella and chairs, I recommend this American retail store chain in Miami Beach – Bed Bath and Beyond. They are my favorite plug for beach umbrellas and chairs. Very affordable.
With your beach chairs and umbrellas, you don’t have to worry about rentals anymore. But you still have to deal with lugging them around. So I recommend you get the foldable deckchairs.
Alternatives to renting beach chairs
- Bringing your beach chairs: Avoid being a beach bum by packing your gear. Not only will you save money, but you’ll also have a comfier and cleaner seat. Miami Beach’s beaches welcome personal chairs, so pack your favorite foldable seat and soak up the sun in style.
- Using public beach chairs: You don’t want to lug around your chairs? Miami Beach has got your back with public beach chairs. If you don’t find any free, most will be rented for a small fee and can be found on every beach. The downside? You might have to fight for a prime spot.
- Bring your beach towels: If the hotel you stay in Miami Beach doesn’t offer free beach chairs, you don’t have to spend over $10 to rent a chair when you can bring your own beach towel. Or, go eco-friendly with a sand-free beach mat that won’t trap sand and provides a comfortable and sturdy surface for lounging.
- Other options for comfortable beach seating: Feeling fancy? Opt for a cabana rental at one of Miami Beach’s high-end resorts. You’ll have a private oasis with shade, seating, and towel service.
Chair rental options Miami Beach
Miami Beach is a popular destination for travelers seeking sun, sand, and a vibrant city atmosphere with a unique mix of history and modernity. With rental companies like Boucher Brothers, kiosks are lined up in the waterfront area of Miami Beach, where visitors can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas.
The rental options in the Miami Beach area aren’t always cheap, though. A day of lounging and protecting yourself from the sun can easily cost $50 or more (including umbrellas and chairs.)
But here’s my two cents on getting free chair rentals: Consider the complementary deckchairs offered by many South Beach hotels (even those that don’t have oceanfront views). Each time I stay for a few days in South Beach, I usually book hotels with complimentary beach chairs listed as part of the services. My favorite is The Confidante Miami Beach. They offer two beach chairs per room at no additional cost.
Pros and cons of renting beach chairs in Miami Beach
If you are opting for chair rentals for your next beach day, you want to take note of the benefits and potential downsides:
- Convenience and comfort: Renting beach chairs in any waterfront area at Miami Beach is a convenient option since it saves you the hassle of bringing your own chairs and carrying them to the beach. And these chairs are typically designed for beach use, with sturdy frames and comfortable padding, which can provide a more comfortable seating experience than sitting on a towel or beach blanket.
- Availability: Thanks to Boucher Brothers and many other rental companies located on the beach, renting beach chairs in Miami Beach is usually straightforward, so you can easily find and rent them when needed.
- Variety: Rental companies often offer a variety of seating options, such as lounge chairs, umbrellas, and cabanas, so you can choose the type of seating that best suits your needs and preferences.
- Cost: Renting beach chairs in Miami Beach can be expensive, especially during peak season. The cost can quickly add up if you plan to rent chairs for an extended period. But if you think about it, $10 isn’t much for a comfortable seating experience as you enjoy the waterfront.
- Crowd: The most popular areas of the beach can be very crowded, and finding an available rental chair may take time and effort. This downside is prominent in peak times – holiday weekends and events.
Final thoughts on renting beach chairs in Miami Beach
While it’s possible to rent beach chairs and a few other amenities in the Miami Beach area, the decision to rent beach chairs comes down to your preference, budget, and the specific circumstances of your beach day.
If you value convenience and comfort and are okay with paying more, renting beach chairs can be a great option. However, bringing your chairs or sitting on a beach towel might be a better choice if you prefer to save money and have more flexibility.
Ultimately, don’t let chair rentals brouhaha rob you of the thrilling attractions in Miami Beach. The white sand, turquoise waters, trendy restaurants, bar, and clubs in Miami Beach also needs your attention. Also, don’t miss out on the stunning ocean and skyline views from the Miami Beach Boardwalk and explore restaurants near Miami Beach Boardwalk.